Fancy a destination wedding or elopement at a desert camp? Instead of the Sahara desert in Africa that is harder to get to, what about the Agafay desert, Morroco as an alternative?
An elopement wedding in Marrakesh, Morocco could be the perfect choice for you! Also, it’s worth noting that If you are a USA or UK citizen, you don’t need a Visa for Morocco if you’re staying for up to 3 months. This allows plenty of time to go over, make sure everything is set up the way you would like it, have your wedding and then relax.
As a photographer, I’ve shot an elopement in Marrakesh in the past and found it to be a truly beautiful place to elope! see: Marakesh wedding elopement gallery.
Here, I wanted to give you a list of desert camp venue ideas for your elopement. All the camps are within an hour reach from the city of Marrakesh.
Scarabeo camp is 35km from the City of Marrakesh in the lunar landscape of Agafay. With the choice of two camp areas, The Stone Camp, and The Black Rocks, you have otherworldly beauty with the Atlas Mountains as your backdrop.
- 4×4 Starts at 450 MAD (43 EUR)
- Rides on Quad Bikes, Buggies, Small Camels, Small Méharée with camel driver, Horse, or Mountain Bike
- Guided walk in the region, or Nordic’s walk
- Hot Air Balloon
- Suite – Double bed, half-board* = night/tent/2 people 2.200 MAD (205 EUR) – Single bed, half-board* = night/tent/1 person 2.000 MAD (185 EUR)
- Family Suite – Double bed + 1 single bed, half-board* = night/tent/3 people 2.500 MAD (230 EUR) – Double bed + 2 single beds, half-board* = night/tent/4 people 2.750 MAD (250 EUR)
- To see full list, visit their website
Set 40km from the City of Marrakesh in the stony desert of Agafay, the Inara Camp (formerly known as the Agafay Camp) sits. With luxurious tents, Desert Lagoon and restaurant open to external guests, it is a desert dream come true. To view an elopement that I shot on this camp, click here.
- Transport: Entrust you to a tourist transport company with authorizations from the Ministry of Transportation. (see the transportation here: http://www.inaracamp.com/the-tents/)
- Private Round-trip transfer from 170 EUR(1-4 people)
- Private Luxury Transfer:
- Minivan Mercedes Viano (1-6 seats) 172 EUR
- 4X4 Toyota TX (1-4 seats) 172 EUR
- 4X4 Range Rover Vogue (1-4 seats) 526 EUR
- Nomadic: Camel ride, Hiking, Soft walk with camels, Magic of the desert
- Adventure: Quad ride, Buggy Ride, Horse Ride, Desert Bike full day/half day
- Safari: Atlas Safari, Chic picnic
- Well-being: Massage, yoga
- Three types of tents (prices may vary depending on the dates):
- Discovery Tents – starting from EUR 170/day
- Emotion Tents – starting from EUR 210/day
Inara Suite Tents – starting from EUR 295/day
40km from the City of Marrakesh is a place of Agafay Heritage, La Pause. It has been welcoming nature lovers for over 20 years, aiming to give a magical, traditional and intimate experience of the Moroccan desert.
- Transport: Private transfers can be arranged if booked 48 hours in advance from your hotel or riad.
- Cycling in Marrakesh’s best routes
- The best Hikes in the Atlas mountain
- Desert/Day Trips
- Guided Tours
- 1 night = 4176.10 MAD (401 EUR)
- 2 nights= 8352.02 MAD (802 EUR)
Terre des Étoiles
Around 40km from the City of Marrakesh sits the first sustainable camp and Eco-Lodge in Morocco, Terre des Étoiles. With three stunning camps to choose from, swimming pools, restaurants and plenty of activities, you will have the exact trip you can dream of.
- Transport: It is possible to request a shuttle service from any address in Marrakesh for a supplementary charge. You can also take the number 33 bus and request pickup from the village
- Oasis: dine with the view of the Atlas Mountains or the night’s sky
- Outdoors: Camel Rides and Astronomy in the oasis that is the Agafay desert, hiking, biking, walks and gardening
- Wellness: relax with guided meditation, yoga or massage
- Thematic Trips: package trips based on sensory experiences, sport and activities, or for bachelorette parties
- Combined stays: many options to allow you the wonders of both the city life and the desert
- To see more, visit their experience page
- Basic lodge
- 161 EUR
- All Inclusion = 180 EUR
- Deluxe lodge
- 230 EUR
- All inclusion = 253 EUR
- Explorer Tent
- 109 EUR
- All Inclusion = 138 EUR
- Tente Ferme El Hirch
- 167 EUR
- All inclusion = 204 EUR
- Basic lodge
The original nomadic camp, Camel Camp, is located 38km from the City of Marrakesh. Here you are able to sample the bare beauty of nature and the rich cultural heritage of Morocco. From food to activities, you will be spoiled for choice.
- Transport (optional):
- Starts at 58 EUR for a 4×4 (4pax)
- Camel Ride
- Mountain Bike
- Visit UNESCO heritage site, Aït Ben Haddou
- safari superior tent = 2650 MAD (255 EUR)/night
- berber superior tent = 2450 MAD(235 EUR)/night
- berber deluxe tent = 3400 MAD (327 EUR)/night
- See more here on their website
Agafay Nomad Camp
Discover the Agafay desert and stay in the Bivouac tents only 40km from the City of Marrakesh. Take in the silence, the magic of the sunset and the delicious traditional food. Renowned for their event planning, you will have the exact stay you want.
- Transport: Private Transport from the Camp
- Agafay Quad Master
- Dromedaries walks
- Agafay Reg MTB
- Horseback riding
- Cooking classes
- Suite Junior Bivouac = 1490 MAD (143 EUR)/night
- Suite Master Bivouac = 2490 MAD (239 EUR)/night
- Formule All Inclusive = 2490 MAD (239 EUR)/night
Agafay Luxury Desert Camp
Visit this camp 30km from the City of Marrakesh. A quiet, relaxing evening under the stars of the Agafay desert with fresh Moroccan dining.
- Can arrange private transportation
- Camel ride
- Camel ride + Lunch/Dinner
- ATV for half day + pool and lunch
- Quad biking
- Romantic candlelight dinner
- For 3 adults+1 kid = 239 EUR/night
- Total Inclusion (with breakfast, lunch, dinner) = 339 EUR/night
Hopefully, these desert camps give you some ideas for your own wedding/elopement. To view an elopement gallery I shot at Marrakesh, please take a look at this gallery here.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me the photographer, it’d be lovely to hear from you about your big day!